Apart from scientific research I take an interest in communicating astronomy to the public. This has led to the creation of a set of web pages about
- multi-waveband astronomy,
- galaxy halos and the interstellar medium,
- astronomical emission processes,
- astronomical observatories,
- telescopes & instrumentation,
- astronomical observing techniques,
- astrophotography and the
- picture gallery of gaseous halos of galaxies.
A multi-wavelength observing program of the highly-inclined starburst galaxy NGC 4666 can serve as an example of many of the points mentioned on these pages.